We’re fresh from our RE appointment, and I’m happy with it. It was basically the plan i figured it would be.
My left tube is blocked, which we knew.
So I’m going to start on 7.5 of Letrozole, have an ultrasound to see if I’ll ovulate on the right. If no, we do nothing and wait a cycle. If yes, i do a trigger shot and and insem 36 hours after that. Probably progesterone suppositories (which grosses me out)
I am worried that Letrozole wont be enough, but it’s a starting point.
The good news is i can do much of the bloodwork and ultrasounds locally. The bad news is it’s a 2 hour drive for insem. But that’s only once a month (or 2 months for left side ovulation)
They do want to do a 3d ultrasound before my next cycle, just to see what’s up. And do an egg reservoir check.
We have to go through our finances, apparently we somehow waste a LOT of money a month. We can probably do 2 cycles out of pocket. But it’s cheaper do buy sperm in bulk, pay less in shipping and have the clinic store it. So do we get a loan and go all out and not have to risk taking time off to save again? What if we take a month off and that’s the month i ovulate on the right?
We’ve done this whole process out of pocket so far. But i feel like we should take out a small loan and just go for it.
This place is amazing. Every single person was so nice, genuinely friendly, and not in a way that made me hate them lol! I’m so glad we’re going here. The biggest thing they did was to give me hope. If i didnt know better, their positivity would make me think a month or 2 and I’ll be pregnant. Of course, i do know better, but at least now i think it could happen. Shit, maybe even it can happen.
Also here’s the baby i already have