(I hope she’s cuter than this armadillo thing!)
Today i made my wife cry. The saddest, weeping, most heartbreaking crying ive heard in a long time.
Because i asked her if she made dinner.
Totally innocent, in passing comment, meant no harm at all, just curious. And now i feel like an asshole.
My poor peach.
The baby is apparantly very heavy, heavier every day. And she has also seemed to flipped into a kicking the lungs with her head mashed into lower bits position.
My wife has been so amazing through all of this, shes a tough. But these last few days have been especially hard for her. Shes still got plenty of weeks to go and i hope she finds her strength again, it breaks my heart to see her struggle and cry and be upset knowing i cant help her
- Our shower this weekend was lovely! I was so happy that the weather held out and was warm and sunny!!
- We didnt get the bathroom finished by the shower, but it’s getting close
- My aunt and cousin made the elephant cake and my lovely bestie set up a headband station (she better like headbands, we have 1000 of them!)
- I forgot to take a picture of all the books! We had a raffle for either coffee products or hair products and it was a success, baby got a lot of books with loving comments in them
- We got bins, washed all of her clothes, organized them by size and put them all away!
- We also stuffed all of our pocket diapers
- My wife claims the crib needs 1 more coat of paint so she plans on doing that in the next day or so
- Once the crib and changing table are dry we can fill it with diapers and finish setting up her room!!
- For the 1st while she’ll be in our room of course, in a bassinet by the bed, and we have a changing pad
- But her crib and dresser and such will still be in her room, for whenever we decide we’re/she’s ready. There’s plenty of room in our room, but still…im all for keeping the rooms seperate, even though i acknowledge that she doesnt need her own room atm
- Im finally feeling a sense of relief over the amount of prep we’ve done today. Im one to nest, absolutely. My wife is less so. Shes also full of baby. I feel like i need this perhaps a little more than she does to feel more connected
- We’ve done all the “things”…gender reveal party, baby shower. Oh yeah, we have to spend a whole saturday taking baby clases and finalizing our birthing plan.
- Other than that, now we just…wait. all we need now is HER!!